Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

remembering a few good times with Teri Peters


teri peters was actually my aunt, or half-aunt, or something like that...she was/is the daughter of my grandfather from his 2nd marriage. I.E. my grandfather was her dad, but my grandmother (who died before I was born) was not her mother. But she was my age and even in my same high school class.I differentiate the first family of Leo Peters my grandfather from the 2nd family by saying Peters 1 versus Peters 2; The first family was born to Leo & Helen & consisted of six daughters. The 2nd family was born to Leo & Nancy & consisted of two girls & one boy. The Peters 2 kids were very close in age to myself & my older siblings, and lived only a few miles away in the same city of Grand Rapids. During the "Grand Rapids years" we had both good times and NOT so good times with the Peters 2 family. The good times (early 70's) were the early years when we would go to "grandpa's cottage" and to annual gatherings at grandpa's mansion for a big meal. The bad times were a little later  (late 70's early 80's) after there were some conflicts due to some of the financial "manuevers" my grandfather tried to make re the will & testament of his late wife, my grandmother Helen, which required the consent of his daughters from the first marriage (my mom and her sisters). During the bad times some of the kids of the Peters 2 family were not always nice to us, but then came the post-bad-times and a bit of a "reconciliation" of sorts...around the end of college I ran into Teri from time-to-time and we actually began socializing and having some fun together. This lasted a year or two...thru one of her fiance's until she got married to Glenn. I didn't hear much from her after that...she lives in Indiana now and has children. I've made peace with some of the issues that arose from the "bad years" and hope she is well and hope to see her in heaven some day along with the rest of the Peters 2 family. My only advice: Don't be afraid of being poor! Keep giving ! Be generous! 
















 below: a few pics from the VERY EARLY YEARS I found in an old family photo album


"If we walk
 in the light,
as He is
in the light,
 we have fellowship with one another,
& the blood of Jesus,
His Sonpurifies usfrom all sin."
1 John 1:7