Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Monday, March 10, 2014

Remembering my Calvin Seminary days

 my carrel and my primitive "laptop" , 1996-97 at calvin seminary, grand rapids, michigan


 not my car, but a car, shows how much snow we got that winter . i loved it after having been in the desert (coachella) for two years prior

 not sure when I took this pic...maybe during the original calvin years...but more likely during calvin seminary..nearby eastown and near the famous hot dog shop, yesterdog...not far from east grand rapids , reeds lake,,my grandpa's mansion, et al..I saw this "boat car"...wow !
 some of the books we were assigned to read
this was my car at the time (red honda prelude..kept the wyoming plate for several years..after having lived there a few summers..jackson hole area_)
 lola my golden retriever enjoyed running around in a grassy river area near rockford that i spent a lot of time at on weekends during my year at calvin seminary ...also studying greek & hebrew at the time

this little circular thing...played a part in my life..caused some headaches..around the time i was leaving calvin seminary and transferring to fuller seminary..I stopped at lentz auto shop and asked them for their opinion about this...they said I needed a replacement but I thought they overcharged me..later i took them to small claims court and WON ! 



 THIS actually is shortly after leaving calvin seminary and arriving at fuller seminary in pasadena..one day my battery blew up in my face...fortunately it didn't hurt me















sorry, lots of REPEATS..wasn't thinking much about taking photos...but wanted to memorialize the few I had from my calvin seminary days