Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Re Clinch Park Traverse City MI & " Zen fishing 🎣"



To the "Michigan man" who felt compelled to inform me that there's no fish to catch here by the beach, I tried to explain to you that I was "killing time" waiting for an event to begin and this was a good excuse to wade in the water & cool off. That's the short answer. Here's the longer answer:

To all Michigan men who pride yourselves on being outdoorsmen & hunter/trappers/fishermen : sometimes it's ok to just chill out even if there's no fish to catch. It doesn't mean I am stupid for fishing here. It just means I am relaxing & getting a little Zen from the art of casting & reeling. 

And once again,I was waiting for an event to begin and wanted to cool off. I hope that me casting a line where there is no fish just for some Zen doesn't cause you too much indignation or make you think I am a "retard". It's ok to " Zen out" once in a while (and it doesn't make me a retard).

Every moment of life does
 NOT have to be "practical". Let's be real: nobody needs to fish for survival anymore. So it's ok to go "Zen fishing" once in a while