Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Thursday, May 13, 2021

5/13/21 Review of St Gregory Church, San Mateo CA


5/13/21 Review of St Gregory Church, San Mateo CA

Wow that was quite the experience . I'm just visiting the area and I looked up the local Catholic Church for daily mass and it said they have noon Mass so I arrived around 11:55 and all the doors were locked but then I saw a side door open and as I approached a man maybe a priest  -he  looked Filipino or Latino came to the door and he saw me and he said "can I help you?" I said "Isn't there noon Mass today?"  he said "Yes BUT ITS NOT OPEN to the PUBLIC. "

First of all if we're going to church at noon in the middle of the week we're NOT really just like  unchurched public people - we're a little bit more devoted than  the average person.  Personally I also may  have MORE education than this fellow- maybe he was a deacon -I don't know.  I went to Seminary (BA/BA/M.DIV). 

So that was kind of rude and dismissive & presumptuous of him as if he was some kind of special person & I was just a "random member of the public" walking by randomly hoping to go to church for the 1st time in my life. 

(But if I was - if he was a SINCERE Christian he would REALLY be concerned about inviting me in, or should be)

(by the way he did NOT look very impressive.  He was kind of rollie pollie maybe a little bit obese, NOT very well-dressed -he didn't have a priest robe on either so I don't even know for sure he was a priest. maybe he's just an assistant of some sort) 

Second of all, why don't they fix their website  to say the noon masses are "online only". I said this to the fellow and he said in a VERY HOLLOW tone "SORRY ABOUT THAT".  I DON'T think he meant it  at all . He did NOT sound sincere. 

I highly doubt he will go back and correct it or notify the people who need to correct it . That tells me a lot about this place. These random behind-the-stage encounters tell you a lot about the reality of an organization. Disappointed πŸ‘Ž