Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Monday, November 27, 2023

Menlo Park Hardware

https://maps.app.goo.gl/JV7gpRaH86SHAdaB7 


So I pulled in here I just needed one little wrench to remove the negative battery cable for a moment as I'm traveling. normally I could pull into any Ace hardware across the United States at least back in the good old days and tell them the problem, and they gladly help. However, the person behind the desk was a Latino teenager or young adult and I told him "I don't know for sure what size I need to loosen the battery cable. Can I take this out to my car and check the size and if it works I'll come back and purchase it?" I even offered to leave my driver's license as collateral. He responded glibly "Unfortunately I cannot do that " as if I was some sort of scam artist trying to get a free wrench. So I'm thinking I went up to the wrong cashier. Normally at many Ace hardwares you can find a good old boy who would say "sure no problem", or at least walk out to the car with you. I think those good old boys are here but I just picked the wrong cashier.