Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

re Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters, Savannah Georgia

re Our guide :I'm not 100% sure her name ( it may have started with a J & ended with an E). She was a petite middle -to- elderly age white lady. She kept pulling the sweater across her chest as if she thought somebody was looking at her upper torso. It became so absurd and annoying after a while because she kept doing it so often, almost obsessive compulsive.

 Then she kept apologizing for slavery and racism and at the end confessed her sins to us and seemed to suggest that we were all guilty (since our group was all white.)

 My family & ancestors personally were northern folk and some of them fought for the Union in the Civil War, and died to set slaves free. So I personally do NOT have any white guilt, neither for my own actions, nor for my ancestors.