Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

re Cecil H Green Library, Stanford

https://maps.app.goo.gl/EEX8dGqhWj7a3Du99 

I've been to several functions here previously with no problem. However on 10/25/23 I arrived near noon for the "Silicon Valley Talks: Chris Clay, "Unstoppable" presentation in Hohbach Hall. Entering the Green Library I was expecting to go thru the check-in and respectfully told the dude at the entrance my purpose but he insisted I register "using a DL or passport ''.

 I don't normally carry my physical license on me anymore , let alone my passport. But I do have an ONLINE COPY which even police will accept these days. It's on my phone- perfect focus etc. 
Front & back. Passport too.

 But the dude refused to accept it. He insisted I go back to my car and get a physical copy. Since I parked on El Camino to avoid a parking ticket & save a few dollars ( NOT all of us are independently wealthy, & Do have a budget) , this would entail a 20-minute walk to my car & a 20-minute walk back. The presentation is only an hour usually.

 I was quite upset that this fellow was being so stubborn about demanding a physical πŸ†”. I wonder if this is even actual policy or did he just make a knee-Jerk negative response & then double down on it⁉️ I told him this "isn't the Stanford way" and I'm  a big Stanford supporter in terms of attendance.

 I should have asked to speak with a supervisor rather than trying to hope for common sense from this bossy student worker πŸ‘Ž (btw, most student workers I've encountered here are great πŸ‘. This one seemed to have a bias against meπŸ‘Ž).  

If a super sees this, please rectify this so it doesn't happen again. Virtual identification is just as valid as a physical , even preferred in some places these days . 

Joy Lender
BA BA M.Div