Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Review of Mount Rainier National Park (Mowich, Tolmie, Spray Falls/Park)

Great place to camp or just park for the day to take either trail to Tolmie Peak ⛰ and/or Spray Falls & park , or a few other destinations. End of July Lake Mowich is warm enough to swim in 🏊 πŸ‘. Don't bother fishing 🎣 though - i don't think there's any fish 🐟at all, except i DID see a few dead crayfish - but only dead ones.

 And there's also Lake Eunice on way to Tolmie - smaller than Mowich - there were some critters in the water - maybe polliwigs on the verge of becoming frogs 🐸. & don't forget mosquito spray or something to keep the bugs away - repellant seems to work but I ran out and then I had to use mud on my arms which actually worked pretty good .

 Oh also DON'T forget to purchase a park pass (or preferably  an annual pass to save money if you go to the National Park more than two times per year) .

 You might think that the rangers won't drive all the way out there to issue parking citations but they DO. In  fact when I came back from Spray Park I saw several citations on vehicles as I was walking back to my car .

 I'm glad I had put my annual pass on my dashboard cuz sometimes I DON'T do it thinking that they don't really ever check - but this time I did so I didn't get a ticket.

 I wonder how many people actually DO have annual passes but just forgot or neglected to put them on their dashboard.

 To be honest there's NOT a lot of signs saying you need to post your pass on your dashboard. Maybe they do that purposely to surprise you and raise a little revenue. Nothing surprises me