Twitter Search / CNewswire

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Ephesians 4:32

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Re Stanford Coin Wash & Dangerous Assumptions

Stanford Coin Wash

Used to come here when i was a college student living off campus. Now I'm a homeowner with my own washing machine but I just returned from 4 months traveling cross-country thru national parks etc. Discovered my house washing machine NOT working . 

So I came here. Everything worked fine but my blue pants came out of the wash with some lint or something on them. So I used the sink to rinse some of it off. 

An African-American mother & her daughter happened to stop in & she made the wrong assumption that I was a homeless person trying to wash my pants in the sink. 

She says to me "Can I pay for a load of wash for you ?" I say "huh ? It took me a moment to discern her misperception - putting 2 + 2 together .😎. I say "I'm NOT homeless" & tried to explain to her what I was doing.

 But then she said "me too". I said "you too what ?" This was like a comical "Who's on 1st" conversation. Anyways, thanks for caring about me lady but I'm fine πŸ‘Œ. 

Proud that I've done well in life by the grace of God but also personal initiative. I will NEVER QUIT until God takes me ✝ ❤ πŸ™ 

BA/BA/M.Div